Lost Tribe, The
Difficulty: Intermediate Requirements: Easy Length: Medium
Start location: Speak to Sigmund upstairs in Lumbridge Castle.
Quests: Goblin Diplomacy
Skills: Level 13 Agility, Level 17 Mining, Level 13 Thieving
Access to the Lodestone Network for easy access to Lumbridge, Varrock and Falador (or runes/teletabs for those locations).
Walkthrough hide »
1. Talk to Sigmund (near Duke Horacio upstairs in Lumbridge Castle), and then to Duke Horacio, who tells you about a disturbance in the castle cellar and asks you to investigate further. You will now have to talk with one of the following people:
Whoever you were assigned will tell you that he saw a Goblin-like creature in the cellar. Go back to the Duke, and he will tell you once again to investigate further. Pickpocket Sigmund for a key while you're there as this will be needed later on.
2. Go down into the cellar (through the trapdoor in the kitchen). Go to the south-east corner of the room and mine the rubble. Before you enter the cave, make sure you have your lantern lit!
3. Once inside the cavern, take the brooch that spawns where the road splits into two. Go back to the Duke and show him the brooch. He'll tell you to talk with Reldo in Varrock Library (in the palace).
4. Talk to Reldo and he will tell you that there's a book on ancient goblin races in one of the bookcases. Search the bookcases on the west wall until you find it, and then read it.
5. Go to Falador and walk north west to the Goblin Village. Talk to Generals Bentnoze and Wartface, and get them to show you the two emotes, the Goblin Bow and the Goblin Salute.
6. Go back to Lumbridge castle cellar. This time, you have to proceed all the way to the goblins. If you go the wrong way in these caverns, you will be taken to the Lumbridge Slayer Caves. Keep in mind that a lantern is required for your survival, so make sure you have it with you at all times.
7. There are two ways of going through the tunnels. Either follow the route on the map (a little further down in this guide), or go by the clues left for you in the tunnel. At every intersection there will be small rocks with symbols on them.
8. When you select "Look-at Symbol" you will see a close-up of the rock and its markings. You can find the markings in your Goblin symbol book to see which way you should go.
9. You should end up at a goblin-looking creature named Mistag. Talk with him and afterwards, use your "Goblin Bow" emotion. He will then tell you that it was all just an accident, and that he would like you to tell that to "the ruler of the above-people" as well.
10. Go back to the Duke, and he orders you to find the castle's silverware that went missing. If it's not returned, they'll have no option but to war against the goblins. Now it is time to use the key that you thieved from Sigmund earlier. Use the key on the chest in the room just south of the Duke and Sigmund. In that chest, you will find a set of H.A.M. Robes. Tell the Duke that Sigmund's a member of H.A.M.
11. Go to the entrance of H.A.M Headquarters located north-east of Lumbridge Castle (just over the bridge). Picklock the trapdoor and go down. Be careful as you will be attacked by aggressive guards. Search the first crate you find, it'll have the silverware.
12. Go back to the Duke, who'll expel Sigmund from the castle. He gives you a peace treaty. Now you're reduced to a messenger, for this treaty needs to go to Mistag. However, don't fret, there is now a new goblin standing near where the brooch was, named Kazgar. Talk to him, and he will take you to the goblin mines. Talk to Mistag there.
13. You're taken to a cut scene of the signing of the peace treaty. At the end, you see Sigmund and his rendition of evil laughter. Congratulations on finishing the quest.
Quest points: 1
This quest is a requirement for:
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: Ks JeppeS and Shiva
Last updated: 23-Jul-2013
Jagex is keeping the tally secret until the Invasion of Falador ends, but who are you supporting in the event?
Help keep Tip.It alive, donate a bit to our site:
© 1999 - 2015 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved. RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2015 Andrew Gower.